Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First Loves Part 2

This is a continuation from my previous post. Like the last one, this is counting UPwards from 6-10.

6) William Miller-Almost FamousIf I were a little lass living in the 70s era America, this would have definitely been my significant other. I love the shyness and innocence of Patrick Fugit's character. His hair is also an obvious plus. Whenever I'm bored on a Sunday afternoon, I usually pop this movie in and imagine I'm living in that majestic time.
This scene is one of the greatest in the history of film, in my opinion.


7) Jake Ryan-Sixteen Candles
I was so excited when I got this movie as a present for one of my Birthdays many years back. I was so excited because I could watch it over and over again whilst marveling at Michael Schoeffling. Sixteen Candles was brought to us by the great mind of John Hughes, the master of Teenage Comedies. It's sad that Michael Schoeffling only did one big budget movie after this, and that was Mermaids, one of my favorites coincidentally.



8) The whole Cast of Trainspotting
This movie is one of my all-time favorites. I'm still waiting for the sequel, Danny Boyle! Every actor in this movie wins my heart every time I watch it. It's one of those movies where you're rooting for the main character to get it together, which I love. I've got to say, I love Ewan McGregor as a unhealthy heroin addict.


9) Robbie Turner-Atonement
(*HERE BE SPOILERS*)
Everything James McAvoy touches turns to gold. Seriously. When I first read the book, I was quite distracted, so I didn't really get that both Robbie and Cecilia died without seeing each other again, so I went into the movie thinking all ended well. I was terribly surprised when the ending was revealed to the audience. I sat there like an idiot, dumbfounded at what happened and bawling my eyes out. James McAvoy was brilliant in this role. He is one of the next great actors, i'm predicting. This movie is truly heartbreaking for the romantic type. Be sure to have a box of tissues at the ready when you watch it!
Since almost every video can't be embedded on youtube, here are the clips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izs4_0X7UlY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaRjtg206YI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwkJa6Elu0

10) Jude Feeny-Across The UniverseAlas, no good movie list would be complete without the good ol' Musical. This perticular musical stands out because 1) Jim Sturgess, a god in my eyes plays the main character, and 2) It's based around the music of the Beatles, who are my life. It's a major plus that he can actually sing too.


Honorable Mentions
Russel Hammond-Almost Famous
Jonathan/Ismael Benoliel-Dans Paris, Les Chansons L'Amour
Julien Janvier-Jeux D'Enfants

Ian Curtis-Control
Matthew Kidman-The Girl Next Door

No comments:

Post a Comment