Thursday, July 23, 2009

French men do it waaaaaay better than you. (Photo + Video Evidence)

There's something about French men. I don't know what it is, but I am always drawn to their looks, accents, even style. Forget about all you know about Spanish, Italian, even Australian men. This post is dedicated to French men. My top 5 French male actors, to be exact.


5) Vincent CasselVincent Cassel has it all. The looks, the acting chops, and the beautiful Wife, Monica Bellucci. (I find them two incredibly cute together). He's famous in North America for his roles in Eastern Promises and Ocean's Twelve. He's been nominated for countless awards overseas and even won the Cesar award for best actor in 2008. I find his rugged exterior and baby blues irresistible.
Funniest scene from Ocean's Twelve. My, he is flexible.



4) Romain DurisI first saw Romain Duris in the French movie L'Auberge Espangnole as Xavier, a foreign exchange student, and then in the follow-up sequel, Les Poupees Rousses. He can play fairly good comedic roles as I saw from the two movies. In Dans Paris however, he was awesome as the suicidal brother of Louis Garrel(more on him later), Paul. Dans Paris was directed by one of my favorite directors, Christophe Honore, who directed such movies as Les Chansons D'amour and Ma Mere.
Here is a clip from Dans Paris. I wish men would sing quietly over the phone to me..



3) Gaspard UllielThis man has the sharpest Jawline I have ever seen. And I like Jawlines. He proves that he can play any role, as we've seen from his movies. From playing a young psychotic Hannibal Lecter to a wounded soldier in WWI trying to get back to his beloved. He's also gotten recognition for his acting in the form of both nominations and awards presented to him at the Cesar awards. I was so excited when word broke out that him and my other love, Louis Garrel might be starring in a film together soon. Word has it that movie screens around the world might explode from the sheer beauty of these two actors sharing the same screen together.
Here he is in the fantastic movie, Paris Je T'aime.



2)Louis GarrelOh man, I love him and his beautifully sculpted face. I first saw him in Bernardo Bertolucci's The Dreamers as Theo. Such a good movie. Since then, I've been following his career and watching his movies along the way. Louis and Christophe Honore are the French Johnny Depp and Tim Burton. They've worked on 4 films together so far. My all-time favorite role that he played was Ismael in the musical Les Chansons d'amour. I hope to see more collaborations between Louis and Christophe in the near future! Like Gaspard Ulliel, Louis recieved a Cesar for Most Promising Actor. He's married to the French First Lady Carla Bruni's sister, Valeria Bruni Tedeschi and they recently adopted a African baby girl.
Here is a clip of Les Chansons d'amour.


1) Guillaume CanetThis man will always be first in my books. Ever since I saw him in Jeux D'enfants, I fell in love with this smiley-eyed gentleman. He has just the right amount of sex appeal and talent that makes him fascinatingly sexy to me. I'm so happy when I see pictures of him and his girlfriend, Marion Cotillard. I thought they were so adorable together in Jeux D'enfants and the will continue to be as cute in their new movie together that should be released soon. Like the rest on this list, Guillaume also won awards at the Cesars. He won Best Actor, which was a great accomplishment, and also won Best Director for his film Ne le dis a Personne. He was also in Ensemble C'est Tout with the goddess Audrey Tatou, where he played a frustrated Chef. The movie was based on a novel by Anna Gavalda. It was tranlated into English and given the title Hunting and Gathering. There is only one copy left in like, all of Toronto at the World's Biggest Bookstore. I look forward to buying the book soon and seeing all my French men blossom into sexy megastars.
Here is a scene from Jeux D'enfants. So lovely.


1 comment:

Lydia said...

VINCENT CASSELL IS MINE, BITCH!!!1111111

I laid claim to him years ago.. the other 4 can gtfo and be yours. :)

And yes.. French men are the sexiest men.. and they like to wear suits all the time, which only increases their sex appeal, ten-fold.

Post a Comment